Last Updated: March 16, 2014
Default faculty mailing address: Materials
Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science(IISc),
Bangalore - 560012, INDIA.
Phone: Country code-91; Bangalore city
code 80 from abroad and 080 from India.
Dr. Balaram Sahoo obtained his M. Sc. (Physics) degree from Utkal University,
Bhubaneswar, and M. Tech (Met. Engg.and Mat. Sc.)degree from IIT Bombay, Mumbai.
He received his Ph.D. (Natural Sciences) in the year 2006, from University of Duisburg-Essen, Duisburg, Germany.
He worked as a post-doctoral scientist (Environmental Science) at the Swiss Light Source, Paul Scherrer Institute,
Villigen PSI, Switzerland. He, also, worked as a post-doctoral scientist (Photon Science) at PETRA III,
in Hamburg Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory (HASYLAB), Hamburg, Germany.
He has been a faculty member of MRC, IISc., since 2012
- Nanomaterials synthesis, properties and devices.
- Nanoparticles, thin films, multilayers and hybrid structures.
- Structural, magnetic, electronic, electrical transport, optical, vibrational, thermal, mechanical and the coupled properties.
- Data storage devices, magnetic sensors, piezoelectric sensors and actuators, Thermoelectric and magnetoelectric devices.
- Surface and interface science, nanomagnetism.
- Photon Science.
- R. Röhlsberger, H. C. Wille, K. Schlage and B. Sahoo, Electromagnetically Induced Transparency with Resonant Nuclei in a Cavity.
Nature, 199 482 (2012)
- B. Sahoo, W. Keune, V. Kuncser and R. Röhlsberger
As-grown Superconducting MgB2
Thin Films Prepared at Extreme Deposition Conditions,
Supercond. Sci. Technol. 015004 25 (2012)
- B. Sahoo, W. Keune, V. Kuncser, H.-W. Becker and R. Rölsberger
Metallurgical Phases and Their Magnetism at the Interface of Nanoscale MgB2/Fe Layered Systems,
J. Phys.: Cond. Mat., 475702 23 (2011)
- B. Sahoo, K. Schlage, J. Major, U. von Hörsten, W. Keune, H. Wende and R. Röhlsberger
Preparation and Characterization of Ultrathin Stainless Steel Films,
AIP conf. Proc. 57 1347 (2011)